You are here

  • noun
    A shaped piece or ring of rubber or other material sealing the junction between two surfaces in an engine or other device. (oil was leaking from the gasket between the drive flange and the hub)
    A cord securing a furled sail to the yard, boom, or gaff of a sailing vessel.


We are dedicated to creating and providing free, high-quality English language learning resources.